Friday, May 30, 2008

May 30: So much for packing light

It's the eve of my departure, and I'm going to be spending it at an airport hotel because I am so not a morning person and I have to be at the airport at 5 a.m.!

I've spent the day doing laundry, running errands (why can't you get hair mousse in travel sizes anymore? THREE different drug stores, no joy) and trying to cram 100 pounds of stuff into three 20-pound bags. To be fair, it's not all clothes and shoes. A lot of it is electronic equipment that I hope to God I will be able to use effectively. Including a Flip video camera! I can't wait to shoot megabytes and megabytes of my shoes until I get the hang of it.

I know I won't sleep tonight, suffering a recurring nightmare that I'm up a tree in Banff and don't have a vital USB cable, but I am also really excited. I've got a detailed itinerary now, and I don't want to spoil the surprises but there are a LOT of cool excursions and activities in my future. If you're worried about revisiting this blog because you think you'll find me spending six days in a tent in the rain musing about my childhood, I can promise you that will not come to pass. Three days tops before I call for extraction.

(Kidding. I avoid tents.)

So: I'm finally packed (miracle), my flight leaves Pittsburgh at 6:45 a.m., I've got my passport (I know you're wondering) and I'm ready to begin the adventures! Hell ... where did I put the housekeys? ...

1 comment:

Mooncattie said...

No worries, Sam - we have mousse in Canada! Only we spell it differently...

Happy flying, and I hope Air Canada is good to you.