Friday, June 13, 2008

June 12: Toronto on foot


I arrived in Toronto and spent the afternoon on an absolutely fascinating walking tour with Bruce Bell, historian, author, plaque propagator, guide and fellow "South Park" fan. I hope to get time to write about it later today -- maybe if it rains, as promised. The one thing my schedule doesn't allow for is actually writing about what I've seen.

But I'll tease it now by telling you that Bruce knows Toronto inside-out, forwards and backwards, and if I can convey to you a tenth of what he showed me, you'll hardly be able to stand NOT being in Toronto for another minute. I always knew this city was cool, and now that is a much more educated judgment.

So for now I'm off to do some biking ... oh -- more photos coming soon too, as soon as I get some time ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I already want to go to Toronto! And me and Luce cannot wait to hear about it :)

Anonymous said...

I was there in 1953 a beautiful city all I Have is memories of the friends I made there friends I had met in France a year earlier, I left for Scotland just after Hurricane Hazel hit Toronto and somehow never got back again must have been in late 54
I lived with the Only "Binger" in the then telephone book my how that wonderful Family looked after me as a very young man i never forgot them but alas lost touch long since so "Bing" I never forgot what your folks done for me.
Jim